9.10.2008

No Paper, No Plastic

Yup, neither.  Let's face it, they're both bad for the earth.  Plastic can take up to 1,000 years to degrade and requires oil (as if we need to use more of that) for production.  Paper entails chopping down trees, and most people don't recycle them.  So what's the solution?  A reusable bag, of course.  These are popular and very easy to find at this point, so there is no reason we all shouldn't be using them.  It's a little bit of money at the outset, versus the free throw away bag at the store.  But it's a small price to pay for eliminating your part of unnecessary waste.  And just think if we all did this; what a difference.

Now for my recommendation, based on personal experience.  The ACME Workhorse.  Made of nylon, it's sturdy, has comfy handles, washes easily, and even folds into a tiny built-in pouch the size of your palm.  

My mother in law gave me one of these bags about 2 years ago, and I was hooked.  I got two more as a gift from her, and just last night I found a good deal on a four pack.  Now even on a big grocery shop, I won't have to use any one time use bags.  Check out this website,  www.reusablebags.com, for this particular bag, and tons of other reusable bags, bottles, and other products.  I am sure you will find something that suits your needs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lauren
Karen just told me about your blog and I have truly enjoyed it!!! Am going to make the roasted veggie pasta tonite...despite it STILL being summer!!! NOt as hot as NJ here in albany. Enjoy!
Gail