8.14.2008

Impromptu Pizza

Well, I intended on whipping up something tasty for dinner tonight, but just as I was getting ready to start my mother gave me a call.  My dad's best friend since childhood was visiting from Hawaii, and they asked Mark and I if we wanted to get some food with them.  We ended up going to the Mad Hatter in Sea Bright, NJ.  I figured i would take this chance to plug them since they make thin crust pizza that is better than anywhere else I've tried.  It's definitely not your standard pizza, as the crust is almost matzoh-like, but it is really tasty, and they are super generous with toppings (I had green pepper, onion, and garlic).  The tomato sauce is excellent, as well, very sweet and just the right amount.  The sauce is very important to me, considering I judge a pizza's success on it more than anything.  So if you're in town, I suggest checking The Mad Hatter out!  They make pizza til 1:15am, so you can't even make an excuse to skip this place.  If nothing else, they have $6 pitchers of beer!

No comments: