8.13.2008

Welcome!

Welcome to The Hungry Pescetarian!  Here you will find recipes and discussion revolving around all things vegetables, grains, and sea-dwelling creatures (and of course, baked goods, coffee, and the occasional beer).  

A little bit about myself.  I'm a twenty-something living on the Jersey shore.  I am in the process of renovating our almost 100 year old house with my husband.  I have 2 cats, a large vegetable garden, and I like to run.  Most of all, I love to cook and bake, and to eat.  My husband and I follow a pescetarian diet (get it?) and try to eat as local as reasonably possible.  Lucky for us, we are in the midst of farmer's market season in our little town, and it's only a bike ride away.  On top of that, my garden has already yielded much, and is still going strong.

Thanks for visiting.  I hope this blog makes you think, helps you create some great meals and snacks, and is informative.  Any comments are welcome, please let me know what you think!  Enjoy!

1 comment:

Shaheen said...

I have stumbled upon your blog by pure chance and think I am going to enjoy reading it, as I have already enjoyed what I have read.
I grow vegetables and try my best to eat seasonal, so it is nice to read that you have a garden that is productive. I also like your recipes, especially that red pepper risotto.

Your photographs are lovely too. All round I am impressed. Will sure be back.